I can only wish that Sachin has an off-day: Yuvi

It's really tough to pen down my feelings after the Delhi Daredevils game. It was a mixed sort of a day where I could be satisfied with my individual performance and extremely disappointed with the defeat. So I would pick the disappointment of losing the game over my all-round effort as I always believe that individual effort is of not much worth if it doesn't translate into the overall success of the team.


So our home run of three games at the DY Patil stadium ends on a sour note. But without divulging much into the details of the defeat, all I have to say is that we didn't play well at the key moments of the match and that's why we didn't deserve to win the game.

Full credit goes to the Delhi Daredevils who came back strongly to record their first win in the IPL season-4. The second week of the IPL has been a week of comebacks where teams like Kochi and Delhi came back strongly to make a statement. But the statement doesn't end here, rather it comes with a footnote, 'it doesn’t matter what team you have, rather what matter are those 40 overs and the team that handles them well.'

They were the side under pressure and were chasing a run rate of more than nine from the very first ball. Despite losing wickets at regular intervals their batsmen kept getting those small vital partnerships with the desired run rate and that was one of the key differences. Apart from Jesse Ryder and me, none of the other members were able to deliver much with the bat. But if someone had given me 187 to defend at the start of the match, I would have happily taken it.
Read More AT: I can only wish that Sachin has an off-day: Yuvi