I use disappointment as a motivation to perform better - Sachin

Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar has said that he uses disappointment as a motivation to perform better.In a book titled 'SACH,' by Gautam Bhattacharya, Sachin revealed why he snapped back at his critics in 2008 saying 'I had stones thrown at me and I turned them into milestones'.
Sachin said that the comment was directed at people who didn't understand his style of play.

'I meant that people who make statements against your style of play don't know your mind. Neither do they know the condition of your body. It is just their opinion. For all you know, it need not be right. If you basically know yourself pretty well, it doesn't matter what people say,' Sachin said.

'You know what you are capable of. If you remain confident of yourself, outside opinion won't matter. You would just go out and continue to do things your way. I have always concentrated on my game and remained focussed. I have used disappointment as a reason to go out and work harder.

'Tried to bring in positives out of negatives. I always found ways and means for myself to work harder. When the going was good, in any case, I pushed myself all the more. Then I didn't require a reason,' he said.

Credits : Deccan Herald