Sachin Tendulkar joins Facebook; gets 4 lakh likes within hours

Sachin Tendulkar becomes the latest celebrity to join the Facebook bandwagon. His official Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/SachinTendulkar - became live on Monday 9:00 AM and has already garnered 4 lakh likes within a few hours of going live.Tendulkar had joined the micro-blogging website Twitter in 2010 and currently has 26,80,791 followers.

He welcomed his fan with a video message that says, "I'll like to welcome you to my Facebook family. As a child I always dreamt of playing cricket for India and I chased my dream of winning the World Cup for 22 years. It wouldn't have been possible without your support. I wanna take this opportunity to thank all of you for having prayed for me and wish well for me. I look forward to sharing my experience with you, join me on my Facebook so that we both can share this experience and go through this journey together."

The page also celebrates all the major career milestones of Sachin till date but does not share much information about his personal life.

fb

© NDTV