I am not with the team my heart is with them : Sachin Tendulkar

The Indian cricket team might be going through a tough time but master blaster Sachin Tendulkar is confident of its successful comeback.

Speaking to the media for the first time after announcing his ODI retirement, Sachin said he was confident the team would bounce back.

"I have no doubt that the team would bounce back. Even though I am not with the team my heart is with them," he said.

"At this moment the team requires our support and wishes so that they can play good cricket," he added.

Sachin, who brought down the curtains on his 23-year long one-day cricket on December 23, thanked his fans for supporting through his ups and downs.

"For the past 23 years I have been a part of the ODI team. It was a memorable journey. I would like to thank all the people who supported me through my ups and downs. It really means a lot," Sachin said.

pressSachin also wished everyone good health and happiness in the new year. "2013 has just started, so I would like to wish everybody all the happiness and good health."

Asked about his holidaying here, Tendulkar said, "For the last 23 years, the cricket schedule has been very tight and I could get just a few occasions to spend time with the family. Here I was able to have long walk and appreciate how beautiful the country is and how fabulous the place is."

"I have my privacy here and I thanked the media for this. I played badminton, table tennis, tennis ball cricket also and watched cricket on television," he said when asked how he had spent his time during the holiday.

Tendulkar has been holidaying in this north Indian resort town with wife Anjali, son Arjun and daughter Sara since December 23 just after announcing his ODI retirement.

© NDTV