Sachin Tendulkar is the Greatest Ever : Ross Taylor

New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor was also all praise for Tendulkar's passion for the game and his mental toughness.

"It's Sachin's drive for success and his mental toughness that has sustained him. Nothing compares with his passion for the game and his hunger for success. He just loves to play cricket and has always enjoyed doing so. Unless you love the game as passionately as Sachin does, you cannot be around for as long as he has.

"I will forever remember Sachin as one of the greatest players of the game. In fact, it is something I look forward to telling my grandchildren in the future -- that I played against one of my childhood heroes. He has been one of the greatest cricketers ever and it has been a privilege playing with him and against him. It can surely rank as one of my cherished cricketing memories," said Taylor.

ross

© PTI