Pics : Sachin Tendulkar arrives in Mumbai after IPL Victory


Immediately after Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Sunday (May 26) to win the Pepsi Indian Premier League 2013, Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from Twenty20 cricket.

"This is the right time to stop playing IPL," Tendulkar said. "I am 40. I have to accept the reality. I had decided that this would be my last season. It has ended perfectly."

Tendulkar, who captained Mumbai to the final in 2010, represented the franchise in 86 matches and finished with 2529 runs, which included a century and 14 fifties. "It is never too late (to win the trophy). I thought 2010 was our best season but this is a special moment, believe me," he said. "I can't wait to get hold of the trophy. It's a beautiful trophy. It's been six years and can't wait for it."

©PTI

©PTI