The Passion For the Game is Very Much There : Sachin Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar cracked a quick 48 off 28 deliveries to help Mumbai Indians set up a 65-run mauling of Kolkata Knight Riders at Wankhede Stadium on Tuesday. The veteran batsman said that it was a conscious decision to bat aggressively and that he had been doing so in every match of the Indian Premier League.

If you look at the whole season., I've not been able to spend much time in the middle. But whatever I've batted, it's been pretty aggressive. There has been a bit of help for the seamers. I was striking the ball well today, and I thought therefore I should be more aggressive. It's about give and take - giving advice. It shouldn't be one way traffic about just me talking, it's about discussing cricket and sharing our thoughts. The passion for the game is very much there, whatever time I get on the field I try to make the most of it.

Tendulkar was adjudged man-of-the-match for his effort - his first this season. At the post-match ceremony, he said that he continued to be in love with the game!

speech

© NDTV