Learnt a lot about captaincy from Sachin: Bravo

Describing himself as an "attacking captain", West Indies' new skipper Dwayne Bravo has said he will bank on a host of former leaders in the squad in his new role at the Champions Trophy 2013. And also he revealed that he has learnt a lot about captaincy from Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara and Stephen Fleming.

Bravo said that being with former captains like Tendulkar, Lara and Fleming had helped him. He said it was never his dream to captain the side but his only ambition was to represent West Indies. Bravo played with Tendulkar in IPL with Mumbai Indians and with Fleming as coach of Chennai Super Kings, he was part of the franchise. "To be honest, it was never my dream.

My dream was to play for West Indies and do well for West Indies team. My coach once told me it was my destiny to captain the West Indies team, and now that the opportunity has come, I'm really thankful and appreciate it. I know this job is not an easy job, but it's an honor to be a West Indies captain for all the greats that have played the game and all the former captains. So it's a good achievement for me personally. "Like I said, I'm young, I'm a young captain, and I'll be looking forward to all the help from all the senior players.

bravoLike I said, I've been around a long time. I've been in dressing rooms with Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara and Stephen Fleming, so those are players and former players that I learned a lot from, and definitely hope their experience will rub off on me. Hopefully I'll have success like them also."

© Thatscricket