Video : Yuvraj Singh Turns Emotional about Sachin’s Retirement

As he led India to an emphatic six-wicket win over Australia while chasing a 200-plus score against Australia, Yuvraj Singh said playing for India's A side helped him prepare well for the series.

Yuvraj Singh played extremely well against the West Indies and with a string of good performances, he forced his way into the national side after a gap of eight months.

The left-handed flamboyant batsman played a stunning 77-run knock in India's win today.

"I shed a few kilos and worked really hard in the off season. I came with a fresher mind. I need some really good games to come back to action, A games was pretty good platform for me," Yuvraj said after getting Man-of-the-match award.

"I'm very confident when Mahi is around, he is one guy who goes after the bowling. I just thought I would try and take the game to the end. It is always a pleasure and honour to be playing in the Indian jersey," he added.

uv






© PTI