I am Confident of Sachin Scoring a Century Against England : John Wright

Wright also said that the great Sachin Tendulkar should be left alone to take a call on his cricketing career. "Great cricketers like Tendulkar know the pride they carry about representing India. Their awareness level is always high, that's why they are great.

"I've full confidence that he would make the right timing about when and where to finish. But as long as he is there, he would be at full flow," Wright said with a smiling.

Wright was also not too concerned at the number of times Tendulkar was getting bowled of late.

"If I am not wrong, he gets bowled mostly to left-armers. I remember him getting bowled to West Indian Pedro Collins too a few years ago.

johnwrightsachin300"But, I don't think there is a technical flaw or a matter of serious concern. He is good enough to overcome these challenges," the New Zealander said.

"I am really optimistic of Sachin scoring a century or even a double century. For, I am sure he should be acutely motivated to have a go at the Englishmen and the Australians later this year," he pointed out.

Asked whether India should prepare turning tracks to take the home advantage in the upcoming four-Test series against England, Wright said: "You would always want to take the home advantage. But a Test should last the full five days.


© PTI