Sachin Tendulkar smashed us the only time I sledged him: Glenn McGrath

Former Australian fast bowler Glenn McGrath said while a glare or a few aggressive words from him rattled most batsmen, the same strategy hardly worked against Tendulkar.

"I always felt it made him more determined. My success against him came when I didn't say a great deal. I realised quickly it was best not to talk too much," McGrath said.

Citing an incident, which McGrath said he would never forget, The Australian recalled: "I remember clearly the days he smashed us around for 100s, but also the World Cup back in 2003 when he hit me for four off the second ball and I happened to get him out next ball.

I'll always remember Sachin as a quality cricketer, one of the best of all time. Importantly, he is also a great bloke, one of the nicest I have met in the game."

glen

© PTI